Please submit your request by clicking your preferred available day and completing our simple date request form.
What is Pending? Another client has already requested this date for this mediator however that request has not been confirmed. If you wish to be put next in line for this date and mediator, please complete and submit the form or give us a call at 770-955-2252.
N.S. "Ken" Kendrick
Perspective. Understanding. Insight.
Bringing 30+ years of trial and transactional law experience and a decade of independent board service, Ken has worked as a full-time mediator and arbitrator for twelve years. While serving on the Henning panel, he has mediated over 1,000 cases in 12 states, resulting in over $300,000,000 in funded settlements. After the 2008 financial crisis, Ken mediated more disputes involving directors/officers of failed financial institutions than any other US mediator. Ken organized the ADR Section of the Georgia Bar and was included on the first listing of Georgia neutrals published by the Office of Dispute Resolution. He is currently registered in general civil litigation and domestic relations. He has been appointed Special Master in both State and Federal Courts and has arbitrated local and international business disputes under Henning, AAA and ICC rules.
- Ken is a “Double Dog” graduate of the University of Georgia (Philosophy - Magna Cum Laude; Law) and starting in 2010 returned to the classroom to complete Masters level course work in counseling at the University of North Georgia and Ridgemont Graduate University.
- University of Georgia, B.A., Magna Cum Laude (1970 - 1974)
- University of Georgia, J.D. (1977)
- Honored as a Georgia Super Lawyer
- Charter Member of National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Georgia Chapter
- Georgia (1977)
Legal Employment & Experience
- Kendrick Conflict Resolution, LLC (to Present) (President)
- Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice; head of the Atlanta Business Litigation Group (Partner, 1996 - 2010)
- Johnson & Montgomery (Partner, 1988 - 1996)
- Fishman, Freeman & Kendrick (1982 - 1988)
- General Practice in Marietta, commercial transactions and litigation.
- Mediated cases in DC, WV, FL, SC, NV, CA, MN and AL in addition to GA.
- Litigated and arbitrated business matters in State and Federal trial courts including GA, TX, AL, FL, SC, TN, NY, MA, IN and KY.
- Appeared and argued before 5th, 11th and 2nd Circuit Courts of Appeal.
- State Bar of Georgia (Chairperson ADR Section, 1998)
- Co-founder of ADR Section of the State Bar (Chairperson, 1997)
- Harvard Law School Program of Instruction in Mediation
- Pepperdine University Civil Litigation (Strauss Dispute Resolution Institute)
- Henning Mediation & Arbitration (Domestic Relations)
- Received training in the arbitration of international commercial disputes under the rules of the International Chamber of Commerce
- Worked with Ed Henning and others to organize the first annual Georgia ADR Institute, served as a panelist on the first two institutes and as Co-chair of the Institute. (1996)
Recent Successful Mediations
- Two national class action cases (neither pending in Georgia) involving a total of over twenty law firms
- License dispute between a large Japanese technology manufacturer and its primary US customer
- Litigation consolidating claims of 30 east coast automobile dealers against a foreign manfactuer
- Numerous post dissolution corporate disputes between former business owners
- Post judgment mediation of largest GA lender liability verdict
- 50+ mediations of FDIC/D&O fidiuciary claims
- Contact dispute between two aircraft manufacturers regarding the production of a highly specialized project for a foreign government
- Dispute regarding failed software implementation between a major enterprise software vendor and a multi-national corporation
Areas of Expertise
- Shareholder Disputes
- Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions
- Fiduciary liability - D&O
- High asset domestic relations
- Partnership, accounting and dissolution
- Professional Negligence in business matters
- Federal False Claims Act (whistle blower)
- Consumer Class Actions
- State and Federal business RICO claims
- Commercial Insurance/Reinsurance
- Claim between financial institutions
- Complex Domestic Relations