Alan F. Herman
Make the right choices
A personable results oriented retired attorney with forty-two years of trial experience having tried cases before juries in Georgia State and Superior Courts, Federal Courts, and out-of-state venues and who has mediated numerous cases to resolution as counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants and as a mediator in cases presented to him by others.
Cases arising out of negligence resulting in personal injury and/or property damage from claims involving product liability, premises liability, trucking and auto collisions, professional liability (medical, legal, and other malpractice claims), insurance disputes, breach of contract matters, and cases arising from construction related incidents.
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, AB Psychology (1966 - 1970)
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, JD (1970 - 1973)
- Hawkins Parnell Thackston & Young, LLP (Senior Partner, 1973 - 2016)
- Forty-two years as a trial lawyer.
- Obtained jury verdicts for both plaintiffs and defendants which he represented over the course of his career.
- Mediated as counsel in cases for both plaintiffs and defendants to agreed-upon and successful resolution.
- Mediated as a mediator cases presented for his consideration among and between other parties.
Honors & Professional Associations
- Named by Best's as one of the Best Lawyers in America in the field of personal injury (2004 - 2016)
- Selected by peers as a Georgia Super lawyer (2004 - 2016)
- Member of the State Bar of Georgia.
- Previously associated with numerous organizations in the areas of his expertise prior to retirement.
- Served as national counsel in product liability matters.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury
- Property Damage
- Professional Negligence (Medical, Legal, & Misc Malpractice Claims)
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Construction Litigation
- General Claims of Negligence
- Insurance Disputes
- Bad Faith Litigation