Help Frequently Asked Questions
Find quick answers to your questions below:
- How do I know if a Neutral is available?
- What is your cancellation policy?
Written confirmation of your hearing will be emailed to all parties within 48 hours of the case information being confirmed to Henning.
Our staff will re-confirm the hearing date and time by email approximately two (2) weeks in advance of the scheduled hearing date. If the matter is cancelled or rescheduled at or before this time, no cancellation fees will apply. Our case coordinators will be happy to assist you in rescheduling your matter for another date that is suitable for all parties.
No cancellation fee will be charged if the matter is cancelled or rescheduled at least fourteen (14) calendar days before the date scheduled. All cancellations or rescheduling notices must be received in writing.
If the hearing date is cancelled or rescheduled, for any reason, within fourteen (14) days of the original date set, a cancellation fee of 4 hours will be charged at the assigned neutrals hourly rate to each party.
Cases that are booked within the fourteen day cancellation window will be considered confirmed, and will be subject to the cancellation policy detailed above.
All requests for cancellation must be received in writing, preferably via email to email@example.com. The request should include the HMA matter #, the style of the case, the original hearing date and the reason for the requested cancellation. Please copy all participants in the matter on your cancellation request.
We trust this policy will allow our clients to secure hearing dates with their preferred neutral and also be fair to our mediators who are making the commitment to work your case on the date scheduled.
A copy of this notice is emailed with a confirmation letter to all known participants prior to the hearing.
- Can I schedule a mediation/arbitration via phone or email?
Of course! Our case coordinators will be happy to help you over the phone or via email.
- Where can I find your fee schedule?
Payments & Billing
- Do I need to pay the full amount on the invoice?
Yes. If your mediation was split between the parties, we have billed everyone accordingly.
- I need a copy of my receipt/invoice.
Please give us a call or send us an email with the following information: Invoice Number or Date of Mediation and Neutral
- I have a question about my invoice amount.
You may contact us at any time with any questions.
Please have your invoice number before calling/emailing.
- Can I pay my invoice online?
Yes. Please head over to our Payment Portal.
- When will my credit card be charged?
Your credit card will be charged as soon as you submit for payment.
- Where can I find Henning's W-9?
- Where do I send documents for the neutral to review?
If you have a document you would like the neutral to review prior to your mediation, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I contact you?
- Can I Display Presentations/Videos/Images?
We have large TVs in all of our main conference rooms, and all have both Apple TV and Wireless HDMI devices.
- What hotels would you recommend?
- How do I get to your facility?
We are conveniently located near the intersection of 75 & 285. Just inside the perimeter on the southbound side of 75.
More information can be found here.
- How can I become a Mediator?
To become a mediator in the state of Georgia you will need to complete our Civil Mediation & Mediation Practicum classes. More Information can be found on our Training page.
- What are the prerequisites to ADR training classes?
We provide everything you need to become a certified mediator in Georgia.
- When were my CLE credits submitted?
We submit your CLE credits via email on the first day of your training class. Often times it takes several weeks or months for the State Bar to record these credits. The best method to find out the status of your CLE credits is to contact the State Bar.
Contact: Amy Smith
- Please see our full Training FAQ for more information.
Displaying Presentations and Videos on our TVs
Do you have a presentation or video that you would like to display during your mediation/arbitration?
Each of our main conference rooms have large TVs mounted on the wall. We have the ability to stream your presentation, wirelessly, several different ways. All of our TVs have both Apple TV and Wireless HDMI devices.
Most laptops and tablets will connect to these devices. If your device requires an adapter, we have them available. We also have Windows laptops available; just bring your presentation on a thumb drive.
Tip: It's always good practice to bring a backup copy of your presentation on a thumbdrive.
Common Ports That We Support
- HDMI (Standard or 'A')
- HDMI (Mini or 'C')
- HDMI (Micro or 'D')
- DisplayPort (Standard)
- DisplayPort (Mini)
- If you don't see the port you're looking for, or are unsure if it's supported please give us a call.
Most Common Scenarios
- Windows Laptop
- Most come with standard or micro HDMI ports. Both will work within our system.
- Apple Laptop
- Most Apple laptops newer than 2012 come with AirPlay capabilities. If not they typically have a Mini DisplayPort. Both will work just fine.
- Microsoft Surface
- The Surface has a mini DisplayPort which we have the appropriate adapters to connect with.
- Apple iPad / iPhone
- Both will connect via AirPlay.