Thomas W. Tobin
Thomas W. Tobin has been an arbitrator for the Superior Court of Fulton County Program since 1986 and is the former co-executive director of the Georgia United States Arbitration & Mediation (USA&M) office in Atlanta. He has mediated over 4,000 tort, commercial and construction, medical malpractice, product liability and insurance cases.
- J.D. University of Florida, (1980)
- B.A. University of Florida, (1977)
- Georgia (1980)
Legal Employment & Experience
- Mr. Tobin is the former Co-Executive Director of United States Arbitration & Mediation of the South. As a practicing attorney for over thirty-five years, and as a former partner in Tobin & Hoffspiegel, he specialized in civil litigation with an emphasis on personal injury cases and commercial transactional matters. He has been a defense attorney in the area of asbestos litigation and has been trained as a neutral by the Manville Personal Injury Trust. To date Tom has mediated and settled over $1,500,000,000.00 in cases for Henning.
- Mr. Tobin is a former Magistrate Judge for Cobb County, Georgia and is a State-Certified Mediator. As a State Certified Mediation Trainer, he instructed over 200 attorneys and numerous Emory University and Georgia State law students.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- USA&M Mediation Training (1987)
- Superior Court of Fulton County Program (Arbitrator, 1986)
- State Certified Mediation (Trainer, 1993)
Areas of Expertise
- Medical Negligence
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Law
- Professional Negligence
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Labor & Employment
- Business Law