Please submit your request by clicking your preferred available day and completing our simple date request form.
What is Pending? Another client has already requested this date for this mediator however that request has not been confirmed. If you wish to be put next in line for this date and mediator, please complete and submit the form or give us a call at 770-955-2252.
R. Clay Ratterree
Clay Ratterree has broad civil litigation experience of over 40 years in a wide range of matters in state and federal courts, including serious personal injury, wrongful death, professional liability (defending physicians, dentists, engineers, architects, accountants, attorneys, realtors, nursing homes, etc.), premises liability, auto and trucking law, construction litigation, toxic torts and general commercial litigation. Mr. Ratterree has also maintained an extensive mediation and arbitration practice since 1992.
Mr. Ratterree is a member of the Georgia, Colorado and American Bar Associations, and is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia, and the Eleventh and Fifth Circuit Courts of Appeals. He has previously served as Chairman of the Insurance Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia, as a member of the Professionalism Committee for the State Bar of Georgia, and as an officer of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the State Bar of Georgia.
Mr. Ratterree previously served as a board member of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association and is a member of the Defense Research Institute. He has been elected to membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates and the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel. Since 2002 Mr. Ratterree has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America and as a Georgia Super Lawyer since 2004.
- University of Georgia, J.D. cum laude (1977)
- University of Virginia, B.A. (1971)
- State Bar of Georgia (past Chairman, Insurance Law Section; past Member, Professionalism Committee; past ADR Section Board Member)
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- The International Association of Defense Counsel
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2002 - present)
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory’s highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards (AV)
- Martindale-Hubbell “Top Rated Lawyer Award” (2016)
- Georgia State and Superior Courts
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
- United States Courts of Appeal, Eleventh Circuit and Fifth Circuit
Areas of Expertise
- Serious Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Professional Liability
- Premises Liability
- Auto And Trucking Law
- Construction Litigation
- Toxic Torts
- General Commercial Litigation